Saturday, February 7, 2009

Great Free Maths Resource


Last week Julie showed me this fabulous free maths resource called Smartkiddies. It is an Australian made resource that supports K-6 maths syllabus. I had a bit of a play today and quickly realised that the potential for this site is big. I registered my Year 5 extension maths group and I will be able to track their progress as they play interactive games based on whatever concept we are focussing on for the week. I excitedly emailed several colleagues with the URL and guess what? Most of them have been using it for the last 6 months. Seems I was the last to be let in on a great secret! Post a comment if you explore this site and possibly make suggestions for other teachers about activities you have tried, successes and failures.
Thanks again Julie!

No comments: